To play Hearts of Iron III you will need to meet the following minimum requirements:
• Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP / Vista
• Processor: Intel® Pentium® IV 2.4 GHz or AMD 3500+ (single core)
• Memory: 1 GB RAM (2 GB RAM on Vista)
• Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Available HDD Space
• Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6800 or ATI™ Radeon® X850XT and above Video Card
• Sound Card: DirectX-compatible Sound Card
• DirectX® Version: DirectX® Version 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Place the Hearts of Iron III CD in your CD-ROM drive. If you have AutoPlay enabled on this drive the installation screen will appear automatically. If the AutoPlay doesn’t start – or is disabled for this drive – then click Start>Run and then type X:\Setup.exe to launch the installation program (replace “X” with the drive designation for the CD-ROM in which you placed the Hearts of Iron III CD – usually D or E on most systems). Simply follow the on-screen prompts to install the game.
Keeping Up To Date
Paradox is deeply committed to its customers and in my experience their product support is almost unparalleled in the gaming industry. The developers read (and frequently participate in) the discussions on the public forums and will often implement some of the best player-requested features or enhancements post release. They also make minor tweaks or alterations to existing features and squish the occasional bug that had previously escaped detection. You can go directly to the downloads page at www.paradoxplaza.com/downloads under the HoI3 heading or visit the thriving community at http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/ under the same heading.
For customer support, please go to the Paradox Interactive Support Desk which can be found here: http://paradox.zendesk.com
Get the Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour manual here: